- I. Roefs, B. Meulman, J.H.G. Vreeburg, M. Spiller, Centralised,
decentralised or hybrid sanitation systems? Economic
evaluation under urban development uncertainty and phased
expansion, Water Res., 109 (2017) 274–286.
- C.J. Lu, C.M. Lee, J.H. Tzeng, Effects of the overland flow
system on the removal of residual pollutants for wastewater
reclamation: a pilot study, J. Environ. Manage., 17 (2007)
- F. Boano, A. Rizzo, R. Samsó, J. García, R. Revelli, L. Ridolfi,
Changes in bacteria composition and efficiency of constructed
wetlands under sustained overloads: a modeling experiment,
Sci. Total Environ., 612 (2018) 1480–1487.
- J. Vymazal, Dose clogging affect long-term removal of organics
and suspended solids in gravel-based horizontal subsurface
flow constructed wetlands?, Chem. Eng. J., 331 (2018) 663–674.
- M. Ali, M. Seeger, G. Sterk, D. Moore, A unit stream power
based sediment transport function for overland flow, Catena,
101 (2013) 197–204.
- P. Andrés, J. Mathieu, L.B. Charles, How do slope and surface
roughness affect plot-scale overland flow connectivity?, J.
Hydrol., 528 (2015) 192–205.
- G.P. Sparling, L. Barton, L. Duncan, A. McGill, T.W. Speir, L.A.
Schipper, G. Arnold, A. Van Schaik, Nutrient leaching and
changes in soil characteristics of four contrasting soils irrigated
with secondary treated municipal wastewater for four years,
Aust. J. Soil Res., 44 (2006) 107–116.
- P. Hueso-González, J.D. Ruiz-Sinoga, J.F. Martínez-Murillo, H.
Lavee, Overland flow generation mechanisms affected by topsoil
treatment: application to soil conservation, Geomorphology,
228 (2015) 796–804.
- American Public Health Association (APHA), Standard Methods
for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, American Public
Health Association, American Waterworks Association and
Water Pollution Control Federation, Washington, 2003.
- F. Liu, C.C. Zhao, D.F. Zhao, G.H. Liu, Tertiary treatment of
textile wastewater with combined media biological aerated
filter (CMBAF) at different hydraulic loadings and dissolved
oxygen concentrations, J. Hazard. Mater., 1 (2008) 161–167.
- Z.F. Lei, T. Wu, Y. Zhang, X. Liu, C.L. Wan, D.J. Lee, J.H.
Tay, Two-stage soil infiltration treatment system for treating
ammonium wastewaters of low COD/TN ratios, Bioresour.
Technol., 128 (2013) 774–778.
- Y.H. Li, H.B. Li, X.Y. Xu, Y.C. Zhou, X. Gong, Correlations
between the oxidation-reduction potential characteristics
and microorganism activities in the subsurface wastewater
infiltration system, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016) 5350–5357.
- T. Wang, B. Zhu, Nitrate loss via overland flow and interflow
from a sloped farmland in the hilly area of purple soil, China,
Nutr. Cycling Agroecosyst., 90 (2011) 309–319.
- P. Elodie, V. Philippe, J.F. Kenneth, H. Lora, S.K. Sujay, Q.K.
Dorothy, L. Julia, M. Paul, K.S. Emilie, Ecological engineering
practices for the reduction of excess nitrogen in humaninfluenced
landscapes: a guide for watershed managers,
Environ. Manage., 51 (2013) 392–413.
- J. Yang, X.F. Chu, A new modeling approach for simulating
microtopography-dominated, discontinuous overland flow on
infiltrating surfaces, Adv. Water Resour., 78 (2015) 80–93.
- C. Sundberg, J.S.K. Stendahl, K. Tonderski, P.E. Lindgren,
Overland flow systems for treatment of landfill leachates—
potential nitrification and structure of the ammonia-oxidizing
bacterial community during a growing season, Soil Biol.
Biochem., 39 (2007) 127–138.
- P.C. Davidson, T.B. Kuhlenschmidt, R. Bhattarai, P.K. Kalita,
M.S. Kuhlenschmidt, Effects of soil type and cover condition on
Cryptosporidium parvum transport in overland flow, Water Air
Soil Pollut., 225 (2014) 1882–1894.
- H.M.K. Essandoh, C. Tizaoui, M.H.A. Mohamed, Removal of
dissolved organic carbon and nitrogen during simulated soil
aquifer treatment, Water Res., 47 (2013) 3559–3572.
- J.C. Han, G.H. Huang, Y.F. Huang, H. Zhang, Z. Li, Q.W. Chen,
Chance-constrained overland flow modeling for improving
conceptual distributed hydrologic simulations based on
scaling representation of sub-daily rainfall variability, Sci. Total
Environ., 524–525 (2015) 8–22.
- E. David, K. Deguo, P.G. Jon, Wastewater treatment by soil
infiltration: long-term phosphorus removal, J. Contam. Hydrol.,
140–141 (2012) 24–33.